SQL Query Structure or injection is a technique often used for data sanitization and validation by hackers compromising your network to access your data or information, destroy data and take control over your system. To avoid such problem, review the code value before sending it as a query and secure the shared data with the help of the four prime SQL injection methods.
A software vulnerability occurs while data is entered by users and is sent to the SQL interpreter as a part of a SQL query.
For the SQL interpreter, the hacker provides specially crafted input data to trick the interpreter to execute unintended commands. The user will not be aware between the intended commands and the attacker’s specially crafted data.
It exploits security vulnerabilities at the database layer that allows the attackers to create, read, modify or delete sensitive data.
- 1. Function mysql_real_escape_string()
- Magic Quotes
- HTML Entities
How to Prevent SQL Injection:
- Validate and sanitize every data entered.
- Avoid dynamic SQL and use stored procedures, prepared statements, parameterized queries.
- Update and patch to avoid SQL injection by attackers.
- Use a Web Application Firewall (WAP) to help filter out malicious data and provide security protection against a particular new vulnerability before a patch is available.
- Delete any database functionality which is least used to reduce your attack surface
- Limit the access account by using appropriate privileges which are far safer.
- Maintain and handle the confidential data carefully. Change the passwords of application accounts in the database regularly
Integrating your WordPress with a sage pay (UK) payment solution can do a world of good to your online business website. If you are a multi channel retailer or have a shop front and an ecommerce website sagepay would be a best choice as they provide iPOS and Online Payment Systems all in one.
Why use SagePay:
SagePay is a proven and leading payment solutions provider in the United Kingdom, accepting payment online through your wordpress website can be a critical task that comes with a lot of liabilities. With a proven and tested system like SagePay you can be at ease while the team at Sage Pay does the job.
WordPress Sage Pay Integration:
There are many plugins available off the shelf for wordpress woocommerce websites. It is wise to buy one of them and integrate into your website than reinventing the wheel of developing a plugin from scratch for your website.
What is WooCommerce ?
WooCommerce is a highly popular and high utility e-commerce plugin which turns your wordpress website into a quality eCommerce store. Well firstly, woocommerce is a free plugin that helps you sell just about anything. It offers high flexibility in terms of categorization, fix sale prices and add independent attributes to the products.
What makes it a cost effective solution?
Woocommerce website development has a built in detailed order tracking tool allowing the sellers to view past and current orders, update delivery status and also apply discounts. Such features practically free of cost makes WooCommerce cost effective.